2022 Solid Waste Guide to Services

Residents receive the following basic services:

Mixed Garbage and Recycling Collection: 96 gallon container service is provided on a weekly basis for mixed garbage and recycling. Learn more about the One Big Bin program.

Green Waste Collection: A 96 gallon container of green waste is collected every other week. View the green waste collection schedule.

Free Universal Waste Collection Service: Call Public Services at (916) 434- 2450 to schedule a pick up date. Find out more.

Free FOG (Fats, Oils and Grease) Collection: Call Public Services at (916) 434- 2450 to schedule a pick up date. Find out more.

Container Placement & Service Information

Containers must be street-side no later than 6am on your scheduled service day, including holidays.

Please following the guidelines below for street-side container placement:
  • Place containers at street-side (not on the sidewalk) with the handles facing the house.
  • Do not block pedestrian traffic.
  • Keep containers at least five (5) feet apart from one another.
  • Keep containers a minimum of six (6) feet away from cars, boats and other stationary objects to avoid risk of private property damage.
  • Please remove them from the street once containers are serviced. The appearance of the neighborhoods greatly improves when residents store containers in their side of back yard.
Containers will not be picked up if they are:

Materials must fall freely from the container(s) when dumped. Please bag all trash to avoid spilling during collection.

Request Collection Assistance

If you are unable to bring your container to the curbside for collection, you can request assistance by filling out and returning this form.

One Big Bin

Lincoln is a member of the Western Placer Waste Management Authority (WPWMA), along with Placer County and the cities of Rocklin and Roseville. The WPWMA owns and operates the only active landfill in Placer County, as well as a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF), which includes composting and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facilities.

In Placer County, garbage and recycling goes into One Big Bin and gets sorted at the MRF. Recyclables like paper, plastic, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated from non-recyclable materials. Learn more about One Big Bin.

Electronics and HHW, which can’t go into One Big Bin, can be dropped off at the MRF every day for FREE. Placer County residents can drop off televisions, computers, paint, motor oil and filters, batteries, needles and sharps, medicine and prescription drugs, and many other HHW and e-waste items.


For questions regarding your designed collection day, please call Public Services at (916) 434-2450 between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.

For questions regarding your account, please contact Utility Billing at (916) 434-2430 between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.

Learn where to contact us for additional information.